Thursday, January 20, 2011

I wonder what life will be like for my kids when they are 15, 20, 30, 40 .... as much as I would love to hand pick life for them I realize that is not how it works or should work. So if I may here is a list of "I would like" suggestions for my children in no particular order :

I would like for you to ...

  • Say I learned to golf on my dads clubs now they are yours to learn on son
  • Date, date, date it is so much fun date!! No serious one person in high school
  • Grace~ Don't be afraid to have lots of girl friends from what I hear they can be fun to have
  • Have a strong sense that GOD'S side is always your best option
  • For you to tell your children that you played with these toys and read these books
  • Love The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond as much as I do
  • Give your first born your mothers wedding ring for their sweetie
  • Know that the term "Mother in law" doesn't have to scare you, stress you out or overwhelm you.
  • Know the thrill of going to college to learn more, to learn to become your own person and to be free of mom & dad ... kinda.
  • (Noah) go on a mission forget yourself for awhile.
  • (Gracie) get married after 23 wait a few years to have babies & just enjoy your spouse. I am bending on 23 realistically I would say 24/25 you wont be a spinster I promise.
  • (Noah) play High School sports
  • Learn to sew, both of you even if its just a button or stitch
  • Learn to cook something other than top ramen and mac and cheese
  • Save hard earned , summer job money to put down on your first car "the beater"
  • Play the Piano, guitar, flute I don't care choose one and play it
  • Say I slept in this crib now my babies do
  • Say I was blessed in this dress too
  • Travel a ton see the world not just your backyard
  • Love your parents, we love you.
  • (Gracie) a special note, one day you will want to meet your birth mom I hope we can do this together and that it is a sweet reunion for us both.
  • Learn another language no pig Latin does not qualify.
  • Love breakfast for dinner from time to time
I am sure I will be adding to this list as my kids grow ,maybe even deleting a few as I grow too.

4 comments:

Darger Party of 3 said...

Beautiful.

Dan and Ann said...

Hope the "scared" of mother-in-law means you now know how much you are loved and never need to paint yourself differently than what I see in you, Tommi. I love and admire you and think you ought to write a book!

Beach Mommy said...

So cute... I've been wanting to make notes for them at certain milestones in their lives, should anything happen and I can't be there to celebrate with them. Something like this is a nice start~ You're so cute:)

J-me Boyce said...

love this....