Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Dear Noah~

We have come along way together my little survivor. So many times where I thought I lost you and that this would not be possible for us, you my dear child stayed strong and hung on for mommy ... thank you. I promise you will be so happy you picked your daddy and I to be your parents.

This NICU stuff is not the easiest as I would much rather have you here with me; however, I know without a doubt that you are in the most capable hands in the medical profession right now. Those nurses love you and ask to be with you during their work day.

Today, you ate from a bottle for the first time in your three-week life and you ate like a champ, 15 cc's to be exact with no brady episodes, which in Mommy's world equals AWESOME. The therapist that was feeding you kept calling you her "advanced placement" baby and accused you of showing off. Continue to show off baby that is all I have to say. Gracie said today "Mommy, when my baby Noah gets bigger I promise I will teach him to swim." Keep getting bigger -- you have a lot to look forward to in this family.

When I married your dad I didn't think my heart could get any fuller and then along came your sister and you. My cup truly is full. I love you little survivor man.

~Mommy

1 comment:

Jac said...

Whoa. Beautiful words. Beautiful Mom.