Thursday, October 16, 2008

why I love three

I Three year old's ...


Turns out that two isn't so terrible, truly three has it over two as far as the terrible category is concerned. I guess it is not so much that it is "terrible" as much as it is "trying". I have taken it upon myself to "interview"moms with three year old's to see if three is as "trying" for them as it is for me. I would say 4 out of 5 moms agreed. The most common response is "I loved two, they were fun and went along with anything you said, not three." or "oh the drama of a three year old, where to start." So here is a top ten list why I love three year old's.

10. The sudden lack of remembering they are potty trained. Thus includes peeing pants while standing in front of the potty at Unlce John's house and the occasional walk of shame around the corner, tears flowing , pants wet and a cute little friend announcing the obvious
"Miss. Tommi I think Gwacie peed her pants."

9. "Mommy, I am done going potty come wipe me"

8. While styling the misses hair finding a chunk of it missing. When asked did you cut your hair she responds "no" when asked again she says " yes, I think I did but not today." Oh great that makes it easier to pull your hair up in ponytails.

7. "Can I sleep in your bed, I think mine is not yours." Oh yes, every night would be a sleep over if I didn't enjoy sleeping so much.

6. The sudden urge to undress and run around naked especially when you have ten minutes to get somewhere and you just got them ready.

5. Sentences that don't make sense: " I'm calling a j number for a j number for today is Sunday" HUH?

4. Walking on the counters as if they were sidewalks. This usually occurs when I am cooking so you can imagine the horror, hot food + clumsy footed toddler = stress.

3. It really should be phrased the "Honesty of a three year old" not two, THREE. "Mom I think you breathe stinks. " Mom, I think your bum bum is big." By the way this never happens at home it is always in public for the pure enjoyment of strangers.

2. I want Grammie or Grandma Kathy or my favorit Aunt Kenni (my sister) just anyone other than this monster of a mother who is trying to keep me out of harms way.

1. And the number one reason I love three year old's ... Drama, Drama and more Drama. Everything is dramatic from eating breakfast to taking a bath to explaining why she doesn't want to eat strawberries or simply going down the slide

Three is fun but it is certainly trying!!! Goodluck to anyone with a child under three, your day is coming. I say the only comfort in being in this boat is that every parent goes through it!!!

10 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh boy, I can't wait! Only 6 months to go!! Should I be scared that my 2 year old already does some of those things?? Will it just get worse???

Amberlynn said...

So Val turns 2 in Dec. And she has definitely started! This morning. She had a melt down because her sippy had milk and NOT juice. She ran away from me when I tried to put her in the van. Watching a pregnant woman try to chase a toddler probably looks hilarious! Freaked out (for the 6th time this morning). She hit me and bit me today; ew...it made me sooo made. You're telling me it's gonna get worse at 3?!?!! Oh, please give me the strength! Ha, ha. Thanks for the entertaining post. ie...your bum is NOT big, you are so super tiny! Kids?!

Dan and Gram said...

That's what Grammie's are for -- to save their grandchildren from their mothers! Actually, the real reason we have grandmas is to tell mothers, "hang on, this too will pass," and to give them a break when they need it. So come on back!

Jen said...

That's so funny. Grace is quite the character. I remember when I was visiting last and she said "Jenny, you have to try this (while eating some ice cream) it is so much yummies." We still say "so much yummies" around here and think of Miss Grace each time.

Suzanne said...

Aren't kids great?? It is a good thing they can be so darn cute, because otherwise they might not live to see kindergarten. I struggle with Max every day...I am hoping that something magic will happen on his 4th birthday and it will all be over like a bad dream...

Unknown said...

I think Grace is here for the entertainment of us all! She is hilarious! I'm sure there are times you really want to bust up but you have to be firm mommy instead! What a kid!

Bonnie said...

Okay, I have to laugh. Isn't it much more funny in retrospect? Things don't always seem so great when you're in the middle of the mess, but sweet when you look back. So the drama never goes away, it just intensifies because you have a GIRL! So good luck... but the defiance thing, that's MOSTLY a 3-year old thing! Ha ha! So cute, I love the thoughts on this topic!

Darger Party of 3 said...

Love this post!!! I think the drama is bigger for girls but I am sure boys will have their issues too. Miss you Hymas Fam!!! Is Peterson still in the running for future spouse to Gracie?? I would love cool in-laws!!

Laura H. said...

This post made me miss Grace (and you guys of course) :) I love quotes from little kids. Every age with Jessica so far has been my favorite. I can tell that'll keep up for a while.

Beach Mommy said...

Love the new picture of you 3