Thursday, May 1, 2008

Deep thoughts from ... Jack Handy well not really


Deep thoughts from Tommi actually~ My dear, sweet other half sent this to me this morning, it is so appropriate for the current "life experience" he and I are having:

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers." Gordon B. Hinckley

to be continued ...


Soooo as many of you know by now, Russ was called to the Bishopric as first counselor. We took this very large pill and swallowed it humbly. I have to say at first we were scared, nervous, apprehensive did I mention humbled, a large part of me is still all of thee above. Russ, of course as with anything he does has been faithful and accepting of the tasks set before him. I have to be honest and say as a mother and wife I immediately worried about the existing time my husband spends away from our home, with work and other various responsibilities he has taken on, to add such an element as this makes the gears in my head and my heart pump even faster than I can keep up with. Over the course of the days I have come to realize that this life truly is not about me but what I can give up to the lord's will, something that I have a hard time with being the control freak that I am. I have been humbled and I needed that. With all this said, it is important for all of you to know that my trust in the lord has increased even more than it was before. I truly believe he sees that Russ and I have so, so, so much to learn so with that he has so gently and kindly put us in this current "life experience" (if you will) so that we can understand and love him even more! I know that with a little attitude adjustment on my part and a little tlc from the Honey, that Russ and I will come out of this even more blessed than before.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Love you so much!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is such an amazing thought to keep telling yourself and what truth!!! I love that he will never forsake us... Sometimes I think that maybe he has forgoten us and there is now way that he has! It is so comforting to hear that. I hope all is well and you are felling loved by heavenly father :) I miss you so much and our talks so much. You have so much insight and I just love you!

Lindsey Jefferies said...

Next to my own sweetie, Russ is one of my most favorite men I know! There is no doubt this calling was inspired and that your little family will be so blessed by your sacrifice. We love you guys so much and are always here for you!

J-me Boyce said...

WHOAAAA! Big news! Ok...
I agree with the abovers - it will be a blessing. Russ is an amazing guy, everyone knows, but you are also such an amazing girl by his side and Heavenly Father know he couldn't put Russ in that postition with out you being who you are.
That is what you get for marrying such a goody-two shoes anyway.

Love ya and miss ya

J-me Boyce said...

WHOAAAA! Big news! Ok...
I agree with the abovers - it will be a blessing. Russ is an amazing guy, everyone knows, but you are also such an amazing girl by his side and Heavenly Father know he couldn't put Russ in that postition with out you being who you are.
That is what you get for marrying such a goody-two shoes anyway.

Love ya and miss ya

Dan and Gram said...

Couldn't happen to nicer people! Besides, we spend alot of money working out and stretching--and the Lord does it to us for free. He then adds blessings we never knew could come to us! President Hinckley's statement goes along with Deut 31:6,8. Love y'all!

Beach Mommy said...

OH the blessings of the church!!We haven't passed it along to many people in SD...no reason really but Pat too was called to the Bishopric the last week in February. I completely Sympathize!!! I too know it's going to be a blessing but until Sacrament mtg is over and the boys are in nursery/Sunbeams and I'm not making threats in someone's ear...only then can I see some of the blessings our family has received after getting this call. All I can say is don't punish yourself for ever walking in late or having too many options for snacks to keep Grace content. Last week I had licorice even...didn't use it until I had to get them into the car to go home without Daddy...but the fact is...I used it. Love you girlie - you're both strong and just know that any time he does have off, you know he wants to be nowhere else than with you and Grace! They're just good guys like that - It seems our time has more quality to it now - It gets easier...Genine