Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bowling, horses, tinkerbell dance off and the princess

Sounds like the title of one exciting children's book, no? The Hymii's have had some fun adventures these past few weeks, here are some of them:


  • Grace experienced bowling for the first time with her Friend Miss Star and what would bowling be without the occasional lipstick refresh (see bottom left pic for demonstration). I guess you have to have mad hops in the sport of bowling as well.

  • Daddy and Grace made muffins one morning, daddy even let her dress him up with a pretty headband, what a sport!

  • We have discovered princess's in our home which ups the already existing diva factor! The jewelery of choice happened to be earrings, when they are on we have to fling our head and hair just so. We are still working on our natural Princess smiles ~almost there.




  • Oh and did we mention horses? Yes, Grace loves horses, apparently she told us so (direct quote) "I always loved horses mommy, I told you this for three days". Some friends of ours have two horses and a mule, we couldn't get Grace off them. Russ and I experienced a fun tantrum trying to pull her off which required us to exercise our newly found "love and logic" parenting skills, I think we passed.


  • One pic that is our favorite and happens more regularly than not in our home is the shopping cart pile up of dolls. Maybe one day Grace will make a run for the Tijuana border with a small pickup truck packed with furniture, I suppose these are her practice years. In case some of you don't understand this comment, there are Hispanics that come to the states , pick up a ton of furniture and haul it down to the border to sell I presume. These trucks are packed to the hilt and are really impressive to see. Google it I am sure you won't be disappointed.

  • Last but not least Grace loves classical music these days and what would classical music be without dressing up like Tinkerbell and having a dance off with mommy. Fortunately no demo pic of mommy but one from Miss Grace taking the appropriate final pose at the end of her beautiful dance.

9 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Oh, she is such a dollie!!! She is so spunky and fun! What a little crack up!! I think her pictures are pricless. Sooo sweet!!

Misty said...

She is absolutely beautiful! What fun stories...I can't believe the getting hit by a car thing...yeash, scary, but cute.

A Resh Perspective said...

Way to go with the updating. I'm so proud.

Amberlynn said...

Your collage looks AWESOME Tommi! Great job. With a subject like Grace, there's no way your pictures would be anything less than ADORABLE!!! Fun post!

Amberlynn said...

Hi Tommi,
I liked your toothpaste song so much I added it to my blog. You have the best music taste! Love it!

Suzanne said...

Oh, that little Gracie! She is so darling! A girl through and through. We miss you guys!

J-me Boyce said...

When did our kids get so freakin big?? They are starting to look so untoddlerish. The first time we saw one of those trucks heading for the boarder we laughed so hard and tailgated it all the way to our exit just trying to figure out how it was possible. We miss you guys.

Marianne said...

OK, your child is so incredibly cute. I love her LIPS!! And I love the Tijuana-run shopping cart...one of my favorite signs on the freeway there is the picture of a parent and kids in a big yellow diamond. Watch out for them!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!! ahhh I just love it so much and I miss you guys so much!!!! You are such a good mommy and Gracie is so lucky!!!