Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hinckley ... only prophet I have known!!




This evening we received the sad news that President Hinckley passed away. He has been the only prophet I have only known as I have only been a part of this church for 12 years. I am saddened by the news, he always seemed to be talking directly to me when giving his conference talks--I can only imgine how the rest of you felt. I am sure the heavens rejoiced to receive him home. We too should rejoice as well, as we were able to be a part of one of the most influential, caring prophets and, I believe, the most loved. He will be missed, and has left some huge shoes to fill.


Russ got the assignment to tell Gracie what happened. Her response was, "I want to die too, and live with Jesus and Brother Hinckley in Heaven!"


A couple of cool Hinckley quotes:

“This is my prayer for all of us—'Lord, increase our faith.' Increase our faith to bridge the chasms of uncertainty and doubt. . . . Grant us faith to look beyond the problems of the moment to the miracles of the future. . . . Give us faith to do what is right and let the consequence follow.”
"Prevention is better than cure."

1 comment:

Dan and Gram said...

President Hinckley favorite quotes could fill the page, but here are a couple of my favorites:
"We need to have a little humor in our lives. We better take seriously that which should be taken seriously, but at the same time we can bring a touch of humor now and again. If the time ever comes when we can't smile at ourselves, it will be a sad time." (Church News interview / September 1995) ...and
"Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds" (Stand a Little Taller, p. 103)