Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What no shopping, that is absurd!!

I see these ticker things all the time and I never have a reason to put one up ... until now. I am giving up random , I am bored, stupid shopping.

My reasons you ask? I wanted to challenge myself to something that is really hard, I figure I am not much of a marathon runner lover so that is out and Russ and I want to build up our little "love nest" together. What better way to start than to give up the most expensive past time a woman has!?!I know it sounds super shallow that giving up shopping would be challenging for me but it will be, so there's my shallow comment for the year. I decided that December 1st would be a great day to end this as I will undoubtly have to get Christmas gifts.

Daisypath Vacation Ticker

I know I have it in me to not, I have done this before but not for this long, lets see how I do.

Any other friends want to join in the challenge I welcome the support, maybe we can start a blog dedicated to our withdrawal gripes ha ha ha. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Jac said...

You are so brave! I will have to think if I have enough courage to do it with you! Is it possible when I am in need of a whole new wardrobe!

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

WOW! Tommi you're awesome to actually post the thoughts that I'm sure many of us have had...at least in my case, dozens of times! I am going to try desperately to accept your challenge as well (considering only good things can come from it right?!)! If I had to count the number of times I've gone shopping out of boredom or depression (since Corey's been gone) I would be quite embarrassed!! So, yes, I'll do it! I'm feeling a bit courageous!! :)

Jen said...

Do you know how happy Dan would be if I did this? I'm not sure I could.....

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

That is sooo what I need to do. Since we are poor students now. The trick is to avoid the stores all together! I went to Target last night to get a sippy cup and came out with $50 of random things I didn't need! I'll accept your challenge. We will have to just go to the gym when we are bored insteed of Target! :)

Suzanne said...

Way to go Tommi! I know you can do it! And I know I can't! I'm just too much of a sucker. But I will for sure try to curb my spending habits, in honor of you. I'm actually not much of a shopper...but I do love a good deal, and sometimes it's just too hard to pass up!

Amberlynn said...

Whoa! That's quite the challenge! You can do it! I have faith in you! :)

Karen Scoffield said...

I want to join you! I spend a lot of money on things for Parker and myself that are not necessary and I need to curb it. What exactly are you going to give up? Shopping entirely or just the extra things that you don't need? Lets do it together!