Wednesday, June 16, 2010

An Ode to my Five year old, Grace


Today my little lady is less little.
Today my little baby tells me she is not a baby anymore. Today my little bundle walks next to me.
Today my little lady is five.

I am reminded daily that she is strong and sensitive.
Bold and precocious.
Sassy but sweet.
Artistic and imaginative.
Beautifully crafted by her father in heaven.

Please allow the next five years to go a bit slower
Knowing that my love for you is never ending.
You bring a smile to my face Grace Ann.
Happy Birthday


9 comments:

Scott and Amy said...

Happy birthday Grace!!!! I love and miss you guys!

COME ON BABY said...

Happy Birthdat pretty little one. She is a DOLL!!!!!!!!!

Liz Hymas said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe she is so big, but MAN she is beautiful! (Mason says, "Ah, she is so cute!") Oh how I love and miss you Miss Grace!

Jen said...

What a cute post. We all love our little Grace Ann. She is one of a kind!

J-me Boyce said...

Oh... that was put beautifully. I love my little poet Tom. I also love that little girl. Happy Birthday to you Grace Ann.

Ps. I saw those pics on barefoot about a week ago when I was looking for ideas for this baby shoot I was doing. I was like "what a cute little baby! and then I was like "that looks like Grace" and then I was like "that is Grace"

Beach Mommy said...

Isn't it so bitter sweet?... I long for the days when I held my boys as babies, just to cradle their small heads up against my shoulder... But then I get so excited for them to be big enough to start enojying the same sports or rides, etc. as I grew up loving... why can't we taste both experiences whenever we want to?

Darger Party of 3 said...

Happy Birthday Gracie!! What a beautiful portrait!! Hope all is well

Unknown said...

I sure love that beautiful girl! Can't wait to see No No Beans again too!

Darren + Janessa said...

oh she is so cute!!! you all are! i love your family!! it was so good to see you guys this last weekend. :)