Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mommy's Home!

Gracie and I are happy to report that Tommi was discharged this afternoon and is now home with us. Things will be slow-going for her for a little while, but she has plenty of time to rest! (Uncle Stevie, Aunt Liz & Tommi's cousin Megan even took Gracie to the zoo this afternoon to have some fun and let mom transition home smoothly.)

Little Noah is doing remarkably well. He's been removed from the tanning lights and has had all his tubes removed aside from his NG (feeding) tube & IV. He's breathing great and thus far is tolerating formula from his NG tube well. Best of all, he can now be swaddled in his blankets and is as happy and relaxed as we've seen him. Tommi got a great picture of him this afternoon before we left the hospital...



Grace has been itching to see her baby brother, & she finally got her chance yesterday, albeit through a NICU window. It was something special to see the look in her eyes as she caught the first glimpse of her sibling. She's going to make such a great big sister.



Finally, I don't think TJ will be too enthused with me posting this picture, but I think it really captures the special bond that exists between moms and their kids. This was taken on Thursday evening, Tommi's first opportunity to hold Noah. After being apart from one another for two days, they were both definitely "at home."


18 comments:

Dan and Gram said...

Tender, sweet and miraculous! What blessings have come to your family and what a handsome son (that goes along with a beautiful Grace). Everyone take care!

Marianne said...

I am in love with every single one of those pictures!! Those ones of Grace seeing her brother are absolutely precious, as is the one of Tommi. We're so glad that Noah is doing so well and hope that Tommi is feeling better every day. Thanks for the updates Russ... I am always checking!! Love you all much!

Liz Hymas said...

Those pictures are so adorable! He is sooo cute, I can't wait to see him! We were so glad to see you guys yesterday, thanks for going to the zoo with us Grace and Megan! Get feeling better Tom, we heart you!

Jac said...

Tommi always looks gorgeous...always!! These are such special times...thank you so much for sharing them with us! Glad Tommi is back home. Love ya!

Unknown said...

You should have heard the ooohs and aahs from Anna and Sara when we saw the cute pictures! I loved Gracie's expression! We're so glad that Tommi is home and baby Noah is doing so well. Thanks for keeping your blog up to date. We love you guys!

Suzanne said...

Oh my heavens! What beautiful pictures! He is such a darling baby! And that little Gracie...she couldn't be any cuter. Those pictures are priceless. Noah is so lucky to be in your home, in your family. What a blessing. We are thinking of you always and praying for progress! Love you!

Scott and Amy said...

He is sure a good looking guy. Are prays will continue to be with you guys.

Scott

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Can I just say I have a lump in my throat looking at these pictures. So very touching all of them, so special. The last one of Tommi and the baby captured the emotion beautifly.

janice howard said...

What a sweet baby!...I love the hair. The picture's have been awesome. Gracie certainly appears to be in love with her new baby brother. Tommi, what can I say..you are a real trooper. May the Lord continue to bless you all as you grow together as an eternal family. All our love and more!!

Misty said...

He is amazing! So so tiny, but so perfect. Just beautiful. Congrats you guys, we are so so happy for you. The pictures with Grace are precious. Wow. Oh, and I love the name! (-:

Anonymous said...

amazing! I am so happy for your family! Seriously what a stud you have. Miss you guys tons and I cant wait to meet your little noah

Jill said...

ohhhh. so so sweet. I'm glad that Tommi is home now, and I hope she continues to feel better!

Grace looks soooo excited, what a doll. The picture of Tommi + Noah is so precious. Thanks for sharing!

Leila said...

Lump in my throat, tears in my eyes.

Thanks for sharing. You guys are amazing.

Congratulations on that beautiful little guy.

Beach Mommy said...

So glad he's doing so well! Nice job Noah. And Tommi, sorry for the c section, been there done that. Good luck clearing the throat in the morning and don't open or close any windows. It's amazing what you use all those stomach muscles for ;)

Lindsey Jefferies said...

I'm so glad to hear Tommi is home! What an amazing woman you are. Sweet lil' Noah and Gracie are so lucky to have you as their mom. I can't wait to meet this little miracle baby! He's already something special. Love you guys!

J-me Boyce said...

Those pictures brought tears to my eyes....

I am sure seeing Grace's face and holding that little angel for the first time made any memory of all those crazy months disappear.

Jen said...

I hope you realize how many other people you are impacting through this little family of yours. It makes me cry to even think of the love y'all must be feeling.

I know I am feeling the love! (No cheesiness intended!) Seriously, I love you all and continue to pray for you and little, little Noah.

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

WOW!! Such an amazing family! Such great pictures! Can't believe how tiny he is and am sooooo happy to hear how wonderfully he is transitioning to his new world!! Best of wishes!