Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hurry Home

Dear Ms. Grace~

Today has been the longest day as I sit here in bed and wait the arrival of your cute, energetic self tonight. I am physically in the San Diego time zone, but mentally on Salt Lake time--if I do that it seems you are that much closer to getting on a plane to come home!! These rooms have been quiet and lonely during the day, then 6 o'clock rolls around and I hear Daddy's keys in the door and a cheerful, "Hello, my dear." ...The only thing missing is your echoes of "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" and the stories you tell about your adventures from the day. I can't wait to brush your teeth and read books to you or even just to hear cartoons on the tv and you laughing at them.

These words probably won't mean much until later years but I do want to say thank you for bearing the burden of bed rest along side your daddy and me. I am sure you are having fun with your travels, but being uprooted and put in others' time schedules and routines has to be an adjustment. You are by far the most well-adjusted child I have ever met.

I love you baby girl, hurry home to Mommy safely!!




5 comments:

Beach Mommy said...

She's Home.... !!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Those pics of Gracie are so precious! Too sweet. I feel your pain about the whole bed rest thing. My last pregger month I was put on bed rest before my bean came along. My tips for staying sain on bed rest would be. Get the series of some show you've always wanted to watch but never found the time. For me it was LOST and now I'm an addict! I would just watch all the seasons in a row and it was pretty sweet! When else in your life can you be that serious of a couch potato. There is always a bright side to things and that worked for me. :) Good luck and hang in there!

Scott and Amy said...

OH gracie is georgeous!!!! how is sitting around coming along?

Kenny and Liz said...

Could those pictures be any more precious?? She will cherish all these comments, so sweet of you to share. Lots of love!

Marianne said...

We were so glad to see Gracie at Grandma Betty's a few days ago...what a doll she is!! I'm sure you're just loving having her home. Love you guys!!