Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cleanin up the bod ...

I wise man once said "sugar is of the devil" Scott Poehlman 2007. Being sugars numero uno fanito (don't all Spanish words end in "ito") had decided that my dear sweet friend friend Scott was full of crap, I made it my mission to eat it in front of him every chance I got ... ask his wife Heidi. What can I say "I like a me some sweets." I have been trying to kick the sugar train entirely, with little success. Than my Sis in-law posted her diet challenge and it has given me a renewed energy to get healthy and fertile,(thanks Jenners).With that said I am here to tell you that I am truly going to jump on the campaign against sugar. That's right kids, I am going to give up sugar.

I read a book called "The Eat Clean Diet Book". Wait lets back track a bit to where I found this book. I have an older sister who does fitness competitions. Before the competitions my sister gave birth to two babies and was a carb-o-sugar fanatic. She gave up all "evil" foods and eats six clean meals a day. I have watched her body transform into this mega power house of sorts that I have come to idolize (might be the little sister syndrome left in me), she looks fabulous. I see her reading oxygen magazine, I think she may have even sold her soul to golds gym being that she is there every morning diligently. Every fitness competition I go to I see her body transform even more. I wouldn't be playing my roll as little sis if I didn't run out and by a subscription of Oxygen magazine and adopt all okay well some of her gym practices. It was there within the pages of Oxygen magazine that I came across this new diet book. I am against diets, I think most of them are fades. However this eat clean thing didn't appear to be a diet but more a lifestyle. Here I thought it was all in the workouts, but really your physical and mental physic is 80% diet and 20% physical activity. So I have been trying it bit by bit to sort of ease myself into this new lifestyle with little to no success on the sugar end of things. I have come to realize something about myself, in order for me to be successful I have to be thrown into the fiery pits, I have to be pushed not gently placed.

  • With all of this said I have committed my heart and soul to this new eating lifestyle. Be gone sugar demon hello fibrous ,vitamin packed food angel. This will be a challenge but I am anxious to see the change not only in my physical appearance but my mental one as well. Here are my guide lines:
  • No sugar.
  • No Carbonated drinks.
  • Six small meals a day. 3 main meals, 3 healthy snacks
  • Can't eat after 8.
  • Water, Water, Water.
  • Gym Six times a week (3 lifting days, 3 Cardio days).
  • Less tv more outdoor activities.
  • Pack Clean Healthy Snacks wherever I go.

Look for clean eating recipes on the following food blog. http://goodfoodstuff.blogspot.com/ don't be decieved though not all the recipes on this blog are clean eating recipes I will mark the ones that are clean eating. In closing I welcome joiners, supporters and feed back. If you are struggling with weight, fertility, fatigue and cravings please come and be free of the sugar demon with me.

4 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

I want in!! This is just what I need. I'm trying to cut back on my portions big time and make sure I'm eating no empty calories. I told myself no eating after 7. I need to give up my beloved sugar as well and most definitley need to be going to the gym every day. Do you ever go to the balboa 24?? Could I tag along with you? I love your routines. As far as lunch tomorrow. Let's make it uber healthy and loaded with "clean" foods. Love ya.

Jen said...

Way to go, Tommi-o! We can be health buds together now! We must keep in close tabs with each other though. I really need your help to keep on my program and I am sure you could use the support too, eh?

Misty said...

I am so excited for all the recipes! I tagged the one you posted CLEAN EATS. Just do that everytime you post one and then people can find them by clicking on the CLEAN EATS link on the right.

J-me Boyce said...

Cool... I totally will give up the shuggie with you!
I can't wait to read some of those recipes