Monday, January 7, 2008

Given up the Sauce


I sat down to write out my new years reso's and a lot of them are hefty but the one I would like to make mention of ... the one I am most proud of and sad about is ... NO MORE Coca Cola. Yes you heard it here, I am giving up the sauce!! I think my fellow coke drinkers will be largely disappointed however I am most excited to relay the message to my good pal, healthy nut extraordinaire ... Jaime Boyce. The big drive to give up the sauce is this new cook book I found called Eat Clean. I suggest you get it, it has some pretty yummy recipes, trust me when I say that because I have the taste buds of a two year old. Funny when you give up something, you begin to realize how much you craved it and needed it. I went to the store today and saw a can of coke in the coolers and there it sat in it's pretty red can, dripping condensation, calling out my name. I managed to go to the next check out clerks line who's cooler only had water and energy drinks. I picked up a bottle water and turned my back on the coke. I was proud and sad. I don't think I need to check into rehab just yet, I just figured I should give it up before my husband has to call the tv show "intervention" (quality tv by the way) to come in and clean me up. I hope you all follow through with your new years resolutions and that 2008 is productive and meaningful!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go, Tommi! That's like me giving up cookies, and I don't think I could do it! What's Russ giving up? Love you guys!

The Cannons said...

I wish you could get Chase to do that again. He only lasted 5 months last year, That stuff is poison. I'm proud of you. I was told that it cleans out your drains better than draino. Doesn't that make you feel beter. We miss you!!!

J-me Boyce said...

I am finally catching up on your blog! Yea! I am proud of you for giving up that yucky poision :)