Monday, October 15, 2007

Fallen in love again ...

So I claim to read, however I recently found out what it is like to be an "avid" reader. Twilight is the series, Stephanie Meyer is the author and I can't put the books down. Seriously, I was able to read two, almost five hundred page books within a week and a half (that is good for me). Wow this woman can write! For those of you familiar with the series I have to say that the whole vampire genre isn't my thing, however I was sucked (no pun intended) in from chapter one. The story is a sweet love story, really, I know that sounds corny but it is true. I read when Gracie naps, I read when Russ goes to bed. I have to check the clock because I don't realize that three to four hours have gone by or that it is 1:30 in the morning, thus explaining the dark circles under my eyes. I forgot how cool books really are. Russ teases me and has gone as far as saying I am leaving him for a vampire. I have sworn off tv now for two weeks and it is actually really nice to not have the distraction and just read. I encourage you ladies to pick up twilight if you have not already, it will seriously make you fall in love with reading all over again and I promise you it is not corny in the least bit. Those of you who have read it, please give me some recommends of like reading, I am having a hard time finding my next book because I love this one so much. Give me your review once you have read it.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight.html

3 comments:

Scott and Heidi Family said...

Hey, Scott and I just started reading Twighlight (since we finished the LAST Harry Potter, sniff sniff). So far, I'm loving it, but reading it with my husband (you know how busy these attorneys are) is making it difficult to make much progress other than on an occasional weekend afternoon when Zachie is napping and Scott is feeling refreshed enough to pick up more reading. Wish I could indulge like you (and my sister, actually, and ok 10 other girlfriends that have said the same thing). Anyway, glad to hear you like it!

The Cannons said...

I am on the second one and I must say...I think Bella is a little too affected by the men in her life. She needs to move on. I guess her character is bugging me a little, but I do think she is a good author and the fact that I am still reading a book about vampires must mean something. I'll let you know what I think of the series when I'm done. Dang, I wish I was in San Diego! We could start a Twilight book club!!

Brandi said...

Yeah, I had the same problem and read all three books in about 3 days and am counting down until the next book comes out. I knew I would like it because unlike many other normal people, I find something fascinating about vampires. I also read the first chapter of Twilight from Edward's point of view on her web page. I'll let you know if I find another good author, but I'm always looking for good reads. Particularly ones that don't have @#$% every other word. Stupid best seller list. Let me know if you find another good author.